Prof. Dr. Michael H. Grote on high frequency trading and the microgeographies of global finance
Michael H. Grote on market making, arbitrage and other high frequency trading strategies.
“Prices should signal scarcity or abundance and ultimately they should drive human action – none of this takes milliseconds”
1. What is high frequency trading (HFT) and what is it charcterized by?
2. How can HFT practices create advantages for traders?
3. Do you have examples for such HFT effects?
4. In terms of latency reduction: In what ways do geography and technology compete?
5. Why does information inequality have such a defining role?
6. Which are possible risks and how can they be mediated?
7. How does the Nasdaq outage in August 2013 allow for positive conclusions with regards to future market design?